- Actonomycin D
- Natural product.
- intercalates into DNA
- Actinomycin D does this by binding DNA at the transcription initiation complex and preventing elongation of RNA chain by RNA polymerase.
- PDB: 173d
- 7-amino actinomycin D is a fluorescent analog probe compound useful for flow cytometry or staining
- almost 100 nm Stokes shift
- for treatment of:
- Wilm’s tumor (How is tumor different from cancer? Are there cancers that are not tumors? Are all tumors cancers?)
- What are sarcomas?
- How is tumor different from cancer?
- Are there cancers that are not tumors?
- Are all tumors cancers?
- What is the Stokes shift?
- Describe interactions of actinomycin D to double stranded DNA.