Tubuline binders are also known as tubulin inhibitors.
- Tubuline depolymerization inhibitors: paclitaxel, epothilone, docetaxel, discodermolide
- Tubuline polymerization inhibitors:
- colchicine-binding site: colchicine, combrestatin, 2-methoxyestradiol, methoxy benzenesulfonamides
- vinca alkaloid binding site: vinblastine, vincristine, vinorelbine, vinflunine, dolastatins, halichondrins, hemiasterlins, cryptophysin
Interactions with the target
- What is the name of the heterocycle in epothilone? And in vinblastine? Taxol?
- How many aromatic rings does colchicine have?
- What is the name for macrocyclic lactone natural products?
- What are the key steps in K.C. Nicolau’s total synthesis of epothilone A?
- Describe briefly the key biosynthetic enzymes involved in the synthesis of epothilone?